Journal of Advances in Applied Mathematics
Volume 2, Number 1, January 2017
ε-Nets of Two Sets and Their Application to the Classification Problem
Download PDF (1092.3
43-54, Pub. Date:January 12, 2017
Maria A. Ivanchuk, Igor V. Malyk
Department of Biological Physics and Medical Informatics, Bukovinian State Medical University, Ukraine; Department of the System Analysis and Insurance and Financial Mathematics, Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, Ukraine
The separation algorithm of linear two sets using their ε-nets in the range space
) is proposed in the paper. The algorithm is illustrated by two examples for normal and
uniform distributions. The set of possible values of ε and its properties are considered in the
Epsilon-nets, sets’ separation, linear classification
-  Aronov B., Ezra E., Sharir M. “Small-size epsilon-nets for axis-parallel rectangles and boxes”, Symposium on
Theory of Computing, 2009, P.P. 639–648
-  Christopher J.C. Burges “A Tutorial on Support Vector Machines for Pattern Recognition”, Data Mining and
Knowledge Discovery, 2(2), 1998, P.121–167.
-  Embrechts P., Hofert M. A note on generalized inverses Mathematical Methods of Operations Research , 2013,
-  G?rtner B., Hoffmann M. Computational Geometry, http://www.ti.inf.ethz.ch/ew/lehre/CG12/lecture/CG%20le
-  Hausler S. VC Dimension. A Tutorial for the Course Computational Intelligence, http://www.igi.tugraz.at/lehre/
-  Haussler D. and Welzl E. “Epsilon-nets and simplex range queries”, Discrete Comput. Geom., 1987, №2, P.P.
-  Ivanchuk M. A. , Malyk I. V. “ Using ε -Nets for Linear Separation of Two Sets in a Euclidean Space Rd”,
Cybernetics and Systems Analysis, Vol.51, Issue 6 (2015), P. 965-968.
-  Ivanchuk Maria A., Malyk Igor V. “Building expert medical prognostic systems using Voronoi diagram”, Hindawi
Publishing Corporation. - International Journal of Computational Mathematics, Volume 2015, Article ID 415146,
4 pages. – DOI 10.1155/2015/415146
-  Ivanchuk Mariya A., Malyk Igor V. “Separation of convex hulls as a way for modeling of systems of prediction of
complications in patients”, Journal of Automation and Information Sciences, 2015, Vol.47, Issue 4, P.78-84, DOI:
-  Kulkarni J., Govindarajan S. “New ε-Net Constructions”, Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry
(CCCG), 2010, P.P.159-162
-  Matousek J., Seidel R., Welzl E. “How to Net a Lot with Little:Small ε-Nets for Disks and Halfspaces” In Proc.
sixth annual symposium on Computational geometry, P.P. 16–22, 1990
-  Tucker H.G. “A Generalization of the Glivenko-Cantelli Theorem”, The Annals of Mathematical Statistics,
Vol. 30, No. 3, Sep., 1959, pp. 828-830